This time we are going to share one simple Indian Thali specially made for Navratri without using Onion and garlic.It is believed in Indian(North and East part) that Garlic and Onion should not be taken in the auspicious occasions like Puja ,some festivals etc etc.As I am not so familiar of cooking without these ingredients ,and my elder sister knows it very well , I am uploading the recipes prepared by her only.She is excellent in cooking vegetarian dishes .
Let me tell you one more thing What is Navratri?Navratri is a festival of Hindus celebrated with devotion, love and fervour all over India. It is also called as Navratras. The mood of Navratri is very colourful & unique. It incorporates veneration along with commemoration by means of song and dance. Navratri basically means "Nine Nights" ("Nav" meaning nine and "Ratri" meaning nights).continue reading here...
Here we are going to share one Navratri Thali Recipe .The thali contains 5 items named as Rice ,Yellow dal , Simple Paneer Curry , Bhindi Ka Raita and cucumber salad.I am going to share the recipes with you one by one.
In a very simple way boil rice as you like it either in a pressure cooker or in a pan.
Arhar dal-100 grams
Haldi powder -1/2 teaspoon
curry leaves- 1 bunch
Red chili- 2 to 3
oil- 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
*Boil dal with water,haldi powder and salt till it get tender.
Heat oil in a pan,add red chili ,curry leaves and jeera .Add boiled dal and let it boil for 2 minutes and yellow dal is ready.
3.Simple Paneer Curry
Paneer- 200 grams
Tomato- 3 medium sized-chopped
Ginger - 1 small piece -chopped
Red Chili -2 pieces
Cloves -4 to 5
Curd - 4 tablespoon
Cashew nuts -20 grams
Cardamom -2 to 4
Ghee or Refined oil - 2 tablespoon
Haldi Powder -1 teaspoon
Curry powder - 2 teaspoon
Red chili powder -1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
water 1 small cup
* Make a smooth paste of Cashew nut , Tomato ,ginger ,cloves , red chili and cardamom.
* Heat oil/ghee in a pan ,add the paste and fry in a low flame till it start leaving oil.* Cut the paneer into small cubes and fry it for 2 minutes in a different pan.
* Add red chili powder ,curry powder , haldi powder ,and salt to taste.
* Add.Curd and fry for more 2 minutes.and than add water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
* Add paneer cubes and mix it properly .
* Simple Paneer curry is ready to eat.
4.Bhindi ka Raita(ladies finger in mustard sauce)
Ladies finger-200 grams
Tomato - 3 to 4 medium sized
Mustard - 1 tablespoon
Red Chili - 4 pieces
Red Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Haldi powder -1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Refined oil - 1 tablespoon
curry leaves - 1 bunch.
water 1 cup(big)
Panch foran-(mix of jeera,mustard,methi, saunf,kala jeera)
* Make a smooth paste of tomato ,mustard and red chili .* Heat oil in a pan.add panch foran to splutter and curry leaves.add spices and fry for 2 minutes.
* Cut bhindi into small pieces , heat oil in an another pan and fry bhindi for 5 minutes in low flame.add fried bhindi to the masala.
* Let it boil and add water.Boil it for more 5 minutes and bhindi raita is ready.
Slice the cucumber into thin slices
Take a plate and 2 small glass bowls.Serve bhindi in a bowl and dal in another bowl and serve as mentioned in the below image.Special Thali is ready for you.Have it with your family members .